Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Printing Surface

I am gearing up to do some screen printing. But since I am feeling a little under the weather I didn't want to plunge in and start. Instead I have prepared a printing board. All my books recommend printing on a slightly soft surface. So I bought a piece of wood and raided my supplies and copied Tina's great printing board. Thank you very much for posting how you made your board, Tina. Luckily for me my board was thick enough to take staples, which made this an extremely quick project.
I first stretched some batting over the board and stapled it down.
At the weekend I found some great canvas fabric which I stretched over the batting and stapled in place. Now I am off to wash and iron some fabric to print on.

Comment (1)

Tina

October 23, 2008 at 4:49 PM

I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to see what you do ... post post post.