Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Blocks, blocks, blocks!

Thank you so much for your words of support. Luis is home again and Hanna is back to normal although Amelie has been struck down. Still it is much easier to manage a 3 year old. She can understand a little better what is going on and is able to let me know how she is feeling. But I sure can't wait for Spring!

So I was able to work on a few blocks for the various bees I am involved in.

First up are Sarah's wonky houses for Another Bee 1. These are very quick and fun to make and I am considering making some more, or adding embellishments to the ones I have! The tutorial to make them is here.




One of my screenprinted bunnies is peeking through the window of this house!



Not sure I blogged about these blocks I made for the other Sarah in Another Bee 1. So while I remember here they are! They were also fun to make.




Dianah from Bee Inspired also wanted houses this month. This time however, she was very specific about what she wanted both in terms of fabric and block. She sent very detailed instructions, so sewing this block was a doddle. Although I had to substitute my own fabric for the roof and header as I couldn't make the fabric she sent stretch quite far enough.



I had time too to play around with the layout for the birdie dqs6 quilt. Still haven't decided on whether to send this one or the tea dqs6 but it is fun to work on both.



This is the label I made for the quilt. I copied Viv by printing on fabric. It is dead easy. First iron some fabric to a piece of freezer paper and then run it through your printer like normal paper. It isn't waterproof but I don't think the doll quilt will be washed. I will let my recipient know in any case! This is so easy and effective. I am definitely going to do this again.



Phew - that was quite enough for one weekend!

Comments (10)

Mrs Moog

March 29, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Oh my word - what a lot of blocks! Sorry to hear your girls have been poorly - hope they are both much better very soon.

I love those wonky house blocks and the birdy one is gorgeous! You've been so busy - I feel exhausted looking at all you've done!!

xxx

Mushyhed

March 29, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Your blocks are great! It's hard to pick a favorite but I LOVE that you added a screenprinted bunny in the window. So cute! And your doll quilt...that is one lucky recipient! I'm jealous!

Anonymous

March 29, 2009 at 10:03 PM

What great blocks Tacha. Your recipients will be so pleased. Thanks for adding the link for the house block, I've never done one, so I'll add that to my list of things to try :-)

That Dolls quilt is looking awesome!

Anonymous

March 29, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Your blocks are just so beautiful! I especially love those houses (especially with that little bunny in the window!).
So glad Luis is back - just having another adult in the house makes all the difference in the world! I'm with you - let Spring arrive now! Let it dry the germs out!

Jacqui

March 30, 2009 at 4:15 AM

I love those houses, they're brilliant! Especially the first one, the colours are just so vibrant. And the wee bunny at the window is gorgeous. :)

Kitty

March 30, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Each and every one of those blocks is fabulous - my favourite is the birdie one though. It's absolutely gorgeous.

Hope your daughter feels better soon. x

Christina Lowry

March 30, 2009 at 10:57 AM

Hi Natasha,
I swear that everytime I come and visit your blog you have just gotten more and more telented! All of these blocks are gorgeous. The bunny is the cutest touch. The bird quilt looks wonderful. I am so jealous! But I am learning! Maybe one day I will be able to make something like that...

I hope you and the girls are all feeling better. Cohen is still teething, but he's not as miserable now thankfully - but still no teeth to show for it all though!

Locket Pocket

March 30, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Your blocks are fantastic! How do you get so much done?

Lucy x

RunwithSticks

March 30, 2009 at 6:02 PM

I'm glad you have some help back at home, and hopefully Spring and health will arrive soon too! Those house blocks are adorable, and I love the screenprinted rabbit poking through :)

A Spoonful Of Sugar

April 2, 2009 at 2:09 AM

You have been busy!! Love the hwonky houses - especially the one with your little bunny peaking out. Lisa