Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Wonderful Post

We have been having such great fun opening the post box over the last week. Almost every day there has been some goodies for us. It is Amelie's favourite part of the day.

Viv was sooooo sweet and sent this book.


(Photo shoot set up by Amelie!)



Just because she wanted to. Thank you so much Viv. It really is a fantastic book and Amelie has almost memorised it completely. She "reads" it to me every morning and evening. Hanna loves making the scarface Tom cat noise!

I was lucky enough to win a giveaway by fellow Bee Inspired quilter Barb, aka quiltingbarbie. She sent this fantastic t-shirt to Amelie.



I tried to get a picture of Amelie wearing it but she has decided it is her sport t-shirt and that she can only wear it to her gym class on Thursdays! But she loves it. Especially as the dog looks like "Bitzer Maloney", a character in the book Viv sent. Thank you Barb.



Barb also sent all this fabric! Wow! When she heard Amelie was so into horses at the moment she very kindly also added in some squares of Heather Ross West Hill on blush. Amelie has been having great fun sorting through my fabric looking for co-ordinating fabrics!

Then to top it off this wonderful Spring Blooms Quilt came from Lisa aka Lydia's Treasures.


The butterfly and bee are so cute and so well embroidered. I am in awe. I love the flower stems too oh and the fabric as well!



And look at this cute little angel doll that she included. It was very quickly snapped up by Amelie. Thank you so much.

Comments (7)

Deb Robertson Writes

June 21, 2009 at 11:32 PM

That doll is so cute! Lucky you

Barb

June 22, 2009 at 4:35 AM

So happy you got your prize so fast! Enjoy. What a beautiful quilt for the Spring Blooms Swap.

Unknown

June 22, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Bitzer maloney (all skinny and bony) is my favourite Hairy Maclary dog!!!

You got some great mail this week, didn't you? Fab!

Christina Lowry

June 23, 2009 at 1:03 AM

No wonder Amelie is loving mail time, when there are all these beautiful things being delivered! I love mail too and think that this mail-love of Amelies will be a long time thing! :)

Mrs Moog

June 23, 2009 at 10:02 PM

I love Hairy McClary!!

What lovely post for you and Amelie :-)

xxx

www.welovequilting.com

June 24, 2009 at 6:12 PM

Tachia, Can you help me out? I received a package from you today. It had a minature quilt, chocolate bar and a piece of fabric.

I am confused. I must have lost my swap list. Would you please give me the information? The quilt is beautiful, chocolate bar heavenly and the fabric awesome.
Thank you Chris Wheeler
sadiemaesattic@aol.com

Anonymous

June 25, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Great mail indeed! I think Amelie and Guppy are close in age (Guppy turned 4 in May) because they sound so similar. Out of nowhere she just loves horses - and she also "reads" me her favourite stories. So fun.