Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Spanish ABC Quilt





My brother-in-law and his wife are expecting a baby in November and so I have begun an ABC quilt for them in Spanish. For my brother's children and for Amelie I made alphabet quilts so I decided I would make them an alphabet quilt too. Given my current obsession with stencilling I am stencilling the animals instead of applique-ing them as I did for the other quilts. I initially thought this would be faster than applique-ing - but now I am not so sure. So many fiddly bits to cut!

Comments (2)

IamSusie

August 27, 2008 at 3:43 PM

These are adorable!

magiccollette

August 29, 2008 at 10:55 AM

Here is a beautiful ABC quilt in English made by Natasha. It's an eyecatcher in our childrens room and we love it to this day. As you can tell it even inspired our little boy to add a picture of his own right below it - on the wallpaper!!
We thought the quilt to be a perfect gift when our baby girl was born and had my parents give it to us. Natasha gave us an assortment of fabric samples and some suggestions on which colors/samples to choose. We ended up choosing a quilt to match our childrens room. It's perfect! Thanks, Tasha!