Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Blockleim

After reading this post by Small Object I have been obsessed with finding padding compound here in Germany. It has taken me a while to work out exactly what it is in German but I found some here. I ordered some last week and it arrived on Friday.



I was itching to test it out so I printed out some very plain lists and photocopied them. These lists will hopefully help me keep my thoughts together. Since having children I seem incapable of keeping a thought in my head for more than two minutes. Or at least a thought that does not involve nappies, nap times, who's eaten what and so on....



It is a bit more difficult than I thought to get the paper to line up neatly. It will take a bit of practice I think. The glue dries clear but I would have preferred to have had a coloured glue. That might have hidden any imperfections. I think for pads that I don't want to tear the pages off I might glue a piece of coloured paper over the top to make it a bit more pretty!

But the pads I have made are proving to be extremely useful. I love this stuff. I have enough to make pads for the rest of my lifetime and then some. I am thinking Christmas presents, birthday presents for the rest of eternity!




Comments (4)

Tina

October 6, 2008 at 5:04 PM

I want some. I was looking all over for a tutorial on how to do this. Then she posted one. Perfect timing for me. I haven't bought any of the compound/paste. I will soon.

Anonymous

October 18, 2008 at 3:57 PM

If it makes you feel any better, I cannot keep a thought in my head for more than a minute...and I don't even have children!

Bernhard

October 20, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Sorry, the Blockleim picture links to a bookprinting tool. We hab an update on our website, that night have changed something. But you'll find Blockleim with the Register (index).

Regards

Bernhard

Harrisonburg Vacuum Repair

August 13, 2022 at 2:20 PM

Nice post thankks for sharing