Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Water test



Yesterday I gave the umbrella a good soaking. I used the shower head to pound it with both cold and warm water. I then left it to sit in some water for a while before letting it dry out.


All the prints weathered the treatment well. Both the stazon solvent ink and the acrylic / enamel ink print were just as vibrant after the water test as before. However, the fabric paint print was ever so slightly faded. I am sure this is because it was not heat set properly.


So I am clear in my recommendation - acrylic or enamel ink! Both maintained vibrancy and were easy to use. Just use sparingly. So I am off to buy some more in different colours to finish off this umbrella for Amelie.

Comments (2)

Tina

October 17, 2008 at 5:13 PM

I can't wait to see what else you do with the umbrella.

Tina

October 20, 2008 at 8:23 PM

Plans for my reclaimed screen : I have a design that needs to be printed on transparency, then it will be ready. I sure hope my photo emulsion hasn't expired yet.