Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Bits and Pieces


What to do with partial robot prints? I have a whole pile of robot prints that didn't quite make the grade for a quilt I have in mind. So I dug out my box of buttons and spent the weekend making robot buttons. Now what to do with the buttons. Any ideas?

I also whipped up an oven glove and apron for Amelie. Amelie and Hanna are getting a play kitchen for Christmas and I thought Amelie would have fun with these. Hanna is not quite ready for her own - although I will probably make her an apron and oven glove so as to avoid arguments!



It's a bit difficult to stuff an apron into a lightbox but I am sure you get the idea. I found the pattern to make the apron here.



The pattern for the oven glove here.

Both are quick and easy to make.

Comments (5)

Holly

December 15, 2008 at 12:16 PM

Those buttons are so adorable! I think they'd look sweet on some dolls clothes for sure :)

~Holly

http://twocheeseplease.livejournal.com

Holly

December 15, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Okay one last one I promise! Thanks for stopping by my blog - I'm glad you did so I could find yours! I went and subscribed straight away! And I'm definitely going to try one of the Animal Mascot patterns as soon as I get a free moment. Maybe we can work ou tthe patterns together :)

~Holly

Anonymous

December 15, 2008 at 1:51 PM

Those buttons are so cute! I was thinking about making covered buttons barettes for stocking stuffers, but need to get coverable buttons!
That apron/oven mitt idea is really sweet. I may have to copy you!

RunwithSticks

December 15, 2008 at 9:08 PM

Those buttons are too cute :)

Beth

December 17, 2008 at 5:27 PM

Those buttons are too cute! I say use them on a kids jacket, or maybe on a purse? Cute apron/ oven mitt too!