Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Lightbox - First Attempt

My photography is never great at the best of times but is passable when the sun is shining brightly! Since that is not going to happen here until roughly March, I am going to have to take matters into my own hands.

Although this is no solution for my quilt - I am still working on that - I decided to make a lightbox to photograph small things. I followed the tutorial here, which Tina posted about.



This is what I came up with. Please excuse the mess in the background! The curtains were closed when I took the photo.



It is still quite dark. Unfortunately the lamps I bought from IKEA don't bend around far enough to light the box from the sides. I think this would make a huge difference to the outcome. Perhaps I need stronger wattage bulbs?

Still it's a lot better than natural light or a flash at the moment.

Comments (5)

A Spoonful Of Sugar

December 4, 2008 at 11:08 AM

Thanks for the link to the lightbox tutorial - I am going to check that out! Nice photos make all the difference.

Anonymous

December 4, 2008 at 3:08 PM

Thanks for the link! I almost didn't publish the pictures of your adorable epattern because I waited for *days* for some good light. Must make a light box I suppose...
So excited you'll be W.I.P.ping with me next Wed! Horrah!

Beth

December 4, 2008 at 3:46 PM

Oh, that is such a good idea! I am always waiting for the perfect tiem in the afternoon to photograph, and then I forget to!

A swap would be fun, just after the holiday craze settles down! It would be awesome to get something in german!

Tina

December 4, 2008 at 5:07 PM

Yeah you tried it out.

I still need to do some photoshopping when I'm done with my pictures. But I'm learning my camera more too. that makes a huge difference.

Christina Lowry

December 5, 2008 at 5:00 AM

Good job! I would try the stronger lights as well, it can't hurt. I would love to send you some of our sunshine, as it is driving me nuts at the moment! I am like a beached whale, it is so hot! There have been more storms, but no relief from the heat! :)