Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Little Snail Quilt



My Little Snail quilt is finally finished. I have to say I love this quilt.

I used bits of yellow, red and pink fabrics and some white that I had stamped with little snails and flowers.



What I don't love are the photos of the quilt. With winter here the light has been appalling over the last few days. I just can't get a good photo. Does anyone have any good ideas? The quilt is too big to stuff in a lightbox and we have a lot of trees around here which cast one hell of a shadow! (one of the disadvantages of living almost in the woods - the other is when the acorns and conkers start falling from the trees - you had better watch out!)




Comments (8)

A Spoonful Of Sugar

December 3, 2008 at 10:26 AM

What a lovely quilt - the colours are gorgeous and the hand stamped fabric delightful! Sorry I don't have any photography tips for you - I always have trouble photographing quilts.

Unknown

December 3, 2008 at 10:56 AM

it's absolutely beautiful, I adore it!

Christina Lowry

December 3, 2008 at 11:18 AM

Congratulations on the quilt, it is beautiful! I love that you have used stamped fabric, it makes it even more special. Do you have a tripod for your camera? If so, usually a long exposure will help the image get more light and look better. Or hope for a bit of sun! :)

PS. My word verification is "santer", tee hee hee, nearly santa?

Anonymous

December 3, 2008 at 1:21 PM

It's so beautiful! You're really giving me quilt envy!
I hear you on the photos. It has been gray and raining for over a week here, and all my pictures are so dark! I need to make a lightbox - a big one!

susan

December 4, 2008 at 5:54 AM

i saw your comment about wanting the mag threads...i would swap with you for any sewing/quilting or ottobre for kids mag....let me know

susan

December 4, 2008 at 5:55 AM

oops forgot to say your quilt is so pretty!!

Beth

December 4, 2008 at 3:48 PM

oh.my. that is so pretty! I love the color choices!

sue bulmer

December 4, 2008 at 4:21 PM

I love the quilt, all my fave colours.

I know what you mean about the light, I can't seem to take a decent photo of any of my stuff due to poor light. I keep meaning to make a light box, I think it makes massive difference