Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Post Galore

Yesterday I had a wonderful surprise when I went to collect our post. Not 1 but 3 packages for me.



First off this great book from my secret Book Exchange Partner. I have actually read this book already but in Spanish and when my Spanish was a bit rusty so I am looking forward to re-reading the book in English! I am certain there will be lots of bits that I missed! And it will be fun to compare the two. Thank you Secret Pal and thank you Carmen for organising this exchange.



Then I found this lovely little pouch from The Princess and The Monkey. It is very cute and I just love the linen and fabric accent. Amelie immediately tried to claim it as hers, but I hid it away! I am going to use this one! Thank you very much Lisa. Check out her shop here.



Finally there was Darci's fabric for the Cottage Quilting Bee. A lovely selection of pinks and greens with a little turquiose thrown in for good measure. The focus colours of the quilt are pink and green so I will have to be careful not to let the turquoise dominate the block.

I have to admit that I am a little daunted by my first quilting bee! All of our group are very creative. Check out some of the already finished blocks here, here, here, here and here.

Right best get cracking!

Comments (4)

Mrs Moog

February 6, 2009 at 10:23 AM

What lovely mail! I love those fabrics for your quilting bee - gorgeous fresh colours. I'm sure your block will be beautiful :-)

xxx

A Spoonful Of Sugar

February 6, 2009 at 2:01 PM

What a wondeful mail day!! The quilting bee fabrics look great - can't wait to see what your create.

Anonymous

February 8, 2009 at 12:43 PM

I love "happy mail"! I really need to read that book again - I remember really liking it when I read it back in the early 90s. Would be fun to see how I read it differently now that I'm all growed up!
I can see why Amelie was trying it claim that little pouch - cute!

Patmandx

October 21, 2023 at 7:38 PM

Great blog ppost