Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Darci's Blocks

I had a lot of fun making Darci's block. I decided to make a wonky log cabin and just go with the flow.




I added some white, pink and green gingham to the fabrics Darci sent and a little bit of ric rac.
Hmmm. One minute I love it the next I think it is too much.


I had some problems with the turquoise in the flower fabric as it was quite overpowering in a block. So I didn't use it in this block. Sorry Darci. It just wasn't quite gelling with the other fabrics.


So I decided to make a more simpler block using the turquoise flower fabric.





This time I added the green stripe, pink stripe, pink and little pink leaves from my stash. I think it worked well to tone the turquoise down and keep the pink and green theme.


I hope you like the blocks Darci. They will be winging their way to Tina on Monday.

Comments (8)

Anonymous

February 7, 2009 at 9:51 AM

they look great! can't wait to see what you do with my block :-)

Mrs Moog

February 7, 2009 at 9:54 AM

They're gorgeous Natasha! I love the wonky log cabin :-)

xxx

Anonymous

February 7, 2009 at 5:36 PM

I love their mellow look. Compared to mine, anything would be mellow.

I didn't know we could add, otherwise I would have had a completely different idea. I had the perfect fabric.

I know what you mean about one minute you love it, the next you don't. That's how I feel about mine.

Anina

February 7, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Cute!
Oh, and I don't have your email address. Please email me so I can get your giveaway fabric to you.

Christina Lowry

February 8, 2009 at 11:10 AM

I would listen to the part of you that likes it! They look great!

Kitty

February 9, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Hi Natasha - thanks for dropping by my blog. I absolutely love the fabrics you sent Mrs Moogs, and from having a good look through your blog it turns out I love the fabrics you use full stop! It's lovely to meet a fellow fabric addict - your work is just lovely.

Take care :-)

Darci

February 11, 2009 at 11:09 PM

I love them! So don't worry the wonky log cabin (the first one) is my absolute favorite.

nettie

February 11, 2009 at 11:44 PM

these are so great! I really love them.