Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Old Macdonald

My Gocco has been sitting in the corner winking at me since I picked it up from customs. The pressure of using my precious supplies for something worthwhile has been tormenting me so much that I could not think of any ideas at all. So I decided to hell with it. I would just dive in and use a screen to get over my nerves.



These little chappies have been hanging around in my notebook for a while now. I used a couple of them for the Easter Fabric Book. So I scanned them into the computer, touched them up a little bit and printed them off.

Hanna and me whizzed down to the photocopier shop and made a carbon copy. And gave me a mini heart attack. She is so little and quick on her feet I thought she had made a run for it out of the shop when she was just hiding around the corner of the machine.



The gocco part of the process was actually relatively easy! And very satisfying when you see the flash of light and hear the crack of the lightbulbs! It is a shame it is over so quickly.



Next I chased Hanna around the sitting room until she was good and tired. Then naptime! Or rather print time for me!



It felt great to do some printing again! Now I have to think what to do with them. They are about 10cm square. I was thinking of making a wonky star quilt with these at the centre. But that feels wrong somehow as that pattern is really all about the Australian Bushfires. So does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments (7)

Carina

March 2, 2009 at 8:03 AM

Oh well done, you! It took me a while to get over the supply preciousness too. Well, saying that.. is probably an exaggeration. I am still waffling over what print to do next. Must. Not. Waste. Bulbs and screens..! ;-)

Cute print! Love the colour.

Anonymous

March 2, 2009 at 1:42 PM

I think that using it for the Bushfire project is actually a great idea. There will be young children & babies who will be receiving those quilts, and some happy, juvinile fabric would probably bring them cheer.
Oh, and I'm having severe Gocco envy over here!

Anonymous

March 2, 2009 at 6:14 PM

That is stinking cute! I've always wanted one of those, but know it would just sit there.

Locket Pocket

March 2, 2009 at 6:33 PM

OH I am so envious of your gocco! I had a go on my friend Charlie P's (the pigeon loft) gocco last autumn and it was such fun! As the wonky stars are specific to the Australian bushfire appeal why not use your panels as the centres for some more basic stars - they'd look fantastic!

Lucy x

RunwithSticks

March 2, 2009 at 8:01 PM

The first thing I thought of when you sent me the Robots was to use them for the centre of a quilt block too. I think the same applies here - go for it! What kid wouldn't like to have those cute little farm animals on their quilt? :)

A Spoonful Of Sugar

March 4, 2009 at 11:20 AM

What a happy print - I can't wait to see what you do with them. I wish the Gocco wasn't discontinued - looks like lots of fun.

Mrs Moog

March 14, 2009 at 8:23 AM

Oh they're lovely! I have huge Gocco envy!
We need to start a big campaign to keep Gocco in production - and maybe made cheaper too so that we can all get one!

xxx