Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Back in the saddle

Whoops I didn't really mean to take such a long break! We had a terrific time in the UK but now we are back it is taking me forever to get back into the swing of things! I had a gazillion packages of fabric waiting for me on my return. All needing to be made into blocks for the various bees I am signed up for. Plus I also decided it would be a good idea to make two minis for the Swap till you Drop group. The themes of twisted traditional and alphabet mania seemed too good to miss.

So hopefully there is still somebody out there checking my blog! I will really try to get back into the swing of things a bit better now. Although first I have to wade through all the blog feeds in bloglines. Wow you lot have been busy!

So here is a quick round up of the blocks I have been making this month.

First up blocks for the Cottage Quilting Bee.



Ashley asked for a scrappy block to be made from the bunch of scraps she sent us.



Carolyn asked for some trees to go in her neighbourhood of houses. I was a first a bit upset I didn't get a house but given the fact I was struggling to get everything finished this month it was probably just as well.

Next were the blocks for Bee Inspired.



Nettie sent the most wonderful set of cute fabrics to make a flying geese block with. I was sorely tempted to say that these were lost in the post.



I wanted to make the most of the fabrics so I tried to squeeze as many fish into one of the triangles and to get the alien family scene into another. This meant lots of little seams.

Deanna from Bee Inspired sent pink, cream and brown solid fabrics and a pink print. She is making a star quilt for her daughter and the theme is strawberry and chocolate milk! This block did make me sweat a bit as I had very little cream. I used every tiny bit of it! To make the centre pop I added some ric rac as well.



Chen from Another Quilting Bee 1 sent lots of mendocino fabrics. I could have gone on forever with these. I love the colour combination and again couldn't resist the ric rac!



Hope you are all doing well. I hope now that I am a bit more caught up that I will get a chance to read all about what you have been up to!

Comments (5)

RunwithSticks

May 25, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Ok wow - just saw this post now and that is a whole heck of alot of squares! You have been busy! Glad to hear you had a great trip :)

A Spoonful Of Sugar

May 26, 2009 at 2:04 AM

Wow you have been busy with all of your bees! Love the block with the cute alien fabric. The Mendocino fabric really shines in the last two blocks.

Anonymous

May 26, 2009 at 6:08 PM

I thought I had to get busy on the bee blocks! Holy cow! I love the round ones best.

Hope you had a good trip.

Kitty

May 26, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Your work is just so fabulous - I love each and every one of those blocks. x

Anonymous

May 27, 2009 at 6:36 PM

I made a note in my agenda that if you didn't post by June 1 I was going to email you & see if all was well! So glad it is, and you've been pretty busy yourself! :)