Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




A is for....

Archduchess Annabel the Alligator, adorned in an adorable apron, ably amassed an abundance of apples.



I just couldn't resist the theme "Alphabet Mania" for the STUD swap this month. Even though I knew it would be a bit of a squeeze getting it all done this month.

After receiving my wonderful DQS6 quilt from Monika I had to try raw edge applique and this was the perfect quilt to try it on. It was actually surprisingly easy. I was too chicken to try it free motion and instead used my see through sewing foot and kept the feed dogs up. I just went really slowly and hoped for the best. I don't think it came out too badly and at least Mari from Midland Design seems to like it!



I am also getting into triangles at the moment. Just love them. Flying geese, half square triangles, pieced triangles. All of them. So I plunged in with the border. There are probably a million ways of doing this more easily and I certainly found out that my choice of method was not very good. Still it's a learning curve right. Now I just need to do some research on triangles. Anyone know any good links?

Comments (9)

RunwithSticks

May 27, 2009 at 11:47 PM

That is simply adorable. And I love the string og a's in your first sentence :) Try saying that ten times fast!

Mushyhed

May 28, 2009 at 2:14 AM

What a cute quilt!!

Rosalyn Manesse

May 28, 2009 at 2:17 AM

How charming

Anonymous

May 28, 2009 at 11:06 AM

That is so cute Tacha. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the Sew Kid bee.

Anonymous

May 28, 2009 at 11:14 AM

I'm just so glad you're back to blogging - so much sweetness! Love all those colours.

A Spoonful Of Sugar

May 28, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Excellent alliteration!Annabel is super cute.

Anonymous

May 31, 2009 at 2:27 AM

so cute!

A Spoonful Of Sugar

June 2, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Cathedral Window patchwork is fairly straight forward - love the hand sewing component - perfect for winter evenings in front of the TV.

Mrs Moog

June 8, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Absolutely adorable!! I love the triangle border.

xxx