Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Doll Quilt Swap 7

Sorry it has been a bit quiet around here lately. I have become a little addicted to flickr! Much quicker to upload everything that I am doing and easier with the girls around.

Lots going on over there so you should check it out. My photostream is here. Let me know if any of you are on flickr so I can add you as a contact.

Anyhoo, round 7 of the doll quilt has started and I have been stalking my partner. Although not too much stalking was really needed as I already knew of them. But that doesn't give too much away as I think I already knew of most of the quilters taking part this round! This is what is making it so much more fun!

I am not entirely sure this is what I will end up sending my partner but I like how it is turning out so far. I decided I wanted to do some raw edge applique and mix techniques a little.



So I started with a tree and carved an oval shape out of an eraser and used that to stamp the leaves.



Then I sewed some strips together for the ground and added a bird and a birdhouse (to cover a botched stamp!).

And I am also working on this.



I used the same technique as for my STUD mini but this time instead of sewing all over all the fabric I sewed around each piece of fabric.



This is what I have now. I have to say I LOVE it and I will have a hard time indeed sending it away!

Comments (23)

machen und tun

July 27, 2009 at 9:47 PM

this is just sooooo great!! wow!
claudia

RunwithSticks

July 27, 2009 at 10:39 PM

I love it too! So great!

Jacqui

July 27, 2009 at 10:54 PM

No wonder you don't want to give away that last one, it's gorgeous! I mean really gorgeous. The little girl and cat reading is inspired. Does that technique of sewing down the squares have a name, I'm tempted to try something like that myself!

This is me at Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/jacqui_craig/

Locket Pocket

July 27, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Totally and utterly WOW Natasha! Those quilts are incredible! I definitely wouldn't be parting with the second one!

Lucy x

Kritta22

July 27, 2009 at 11:22 PM

That little girl and the cat are just perfect!! Great job

Lisa

July 27, 2009 at 11:47 PM

I would NOT be able to give up that second one! It's darling.

A Spoonful Of Sugar

July 28, 2009 at 12:30 PM

The second one is amazing - I love your technique - you are so creative!

Anonymous

July 28, 2009 at 11:04 PM

You are just toooooo amazing and inspiring!!
I feel so boring with my patchy blocky efforts by comparison!!!
Love the way you sketched the little girl and the kitty.....so CLASSY!
Well that and everything else in this little gem!

Louise

August 1, 2009 at 4:44 AM

Wow, this is so utterly fabulous. I just LOVE this style of quilt and each little component is just beautiful!

Louise

August 1, 2009 at 4:50 AM

Sorry, rendered senseless by your gorgeous quilt but I meant to say I received your lovely blocks and the fabulous pillow slip. That will be put to very good use - maybe I can even incorporate in the back of the quilt. Thanks so much! x

livelifemunch

August 5, 2009 at 3:47 PM

I'm loving the little girl and her cat - surely this could be a children's story. Go on - get writing.

Sending lots and lots of love as always xxx

Kate Arnull

August 5, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Erm not quite sure why my last comment came up as open ears but it's me by the way - Kate x x

Amy Badskirt

August 10, 2009 at 8:48 AM

I really love what you've done with the little reading quilt. The type on the book is great and the detail of sewing a layered background is terrific. I'm happy I've found your blog!

Angela

August 14, 2009 at 11:07 PM

Tacha, as always your work is stunning! I just love seeing what you've created.

Anonymous

August 16, 2009 at 9:38 PM

Slowly getting caught up with my favourite blogs...LOVE that tree - I would have such a hard time parting with it.

von kleinen dingen

August 19, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Tacha, I've never seen something sweet like that! Every detail is just stunning...!

Mary Perrine

August 20, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Tacha, I am not sure how you are going to give that sweet little quilty up??? It is very nice! Great to see your blog!

Holly

September 16, 2009 at 8:42 AM

TASCHA OMG OMG OMG OMG THIS ARRIVED TODAY AND I LOVE IT!

Did you know this was my favourite quilt in the DQS photostream? I was praying and hoping it would come to me! I remember way back when you posted a photo of the girl and the cat on the picnic rug I thought, wow that is cool, I love that kind of applique! (and I even printed it out to put on my inspiration board)

And now I have the real thing! I love it so much thank you thank you thank you!

Holly xx

Floh

September 27, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Lovely! I hope I can see some more sewing on your Blog soon - Grüße aus Berlin nach Berlin ;-)

sue bulmer

October 23, 2009 at 11:53 PM

i love this style!!

Anonymous

November 1, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Your little appliques are always so amazing.

Leslie

December 2, 2009 at 3:09 PM

good luck in the geveawway, thanks for coming by and checking things out

Sonja

December 3, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Your amazing! So happy to have found your blog through your comment on my giveaway. Really beautiful work :)