Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Gnomes and Toadstools

Such excitement last night waiting to get the doll quilt swap partners! As a swap mama this round it was doubly exciting. I had to stay up until midnight to synchronise the send out with the other swap mamas. It wasn't easy to work out as 1 mama is in Australia, I am here in Germany, there is 1 in Canada and the other are spread through the different timezones in the US! But we pulled it off. Just a couple of hiccups but otherwise everybody should have got their partner by now and the stalking can begin!

To keep myself going during the wait I made a couple of blocks for the talented Susi. She sent out fabrics this month for the Eurovision Quilters Bee.



Susi wanted a gnome house based on this block.

This is my attempt.



A very cute idea for a quilt and I am lucky that Amelie and Hanna didn't see it or they would be clamouring for a gnome house quilt too ;-)

Susi also asked if we had a chance could we make a toadstool block based on this one. I love the addition of the lace. It really makes the block pop. I am going to have to start adding more embellishment like that to my blocks.

This is the toadstool I made.



All in all quite an enjoyable way to spend the pre-dqs8 day!

But now I have my partner's info I am off to do some stalking!

Comment (1)

Anonymous

January 11, 2010 at 10:39 AM

It's a shame I can't join in with DQS8 but I will watch the action from the sidelines.
Love the wonky gnome home!!! and all those bee's in your sidebar! It's like a beehive!!!!!!!!!!