Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Just arrived

I am very excited as I have just picked up this book. I had my eye on it already but when I read the review by Celestina Carmen I knew I had to have it. It is fantastic. So packed with good ideas and detailed information. I love all the projects. All the patterns are used so effectively it really makes me want to jump right in and start printing.



This starter screen printing pack was also delivered this week. Just the basics for me to have a stab at printing and see how I get on. I am really fighting the urge to dive in and start printing. I want to get my space organised first. But the box is sitting there winking at me. It is going to be difficult to hold off until I have the space to do it properly.




Comments (3)

Tina

July 30, 2008 at 8:41 PM

Thanks for the link. Good choice on buying the book. I started off with a Speedball kit too. I still use Speedball's emulsion. It's easy. Although, I didn't like the squeegee that came with the kit. Have you tried Versatex inks? You might like them over Speedball ... Speedball is a little thinner and I found I made more of a mess than anything else.

Good luck. I can't wait to see what you do with your kit and book.

angelique

July 30, 2008 at 11:22 PM

I have just read through your posts. It looks like you just couldn't resist doing some printing. Good luck! Can't wait to see what comes from it. Cheers and thanks for leaving a comment.

Anonymous

July 30, 2008 at 11:52 PM

Uh-oh. I just looked up Lena Corwin's book and it DOES look dangerous! Yikes! Screen printing looks like fun, too.
Uh-oh! :o)