Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Stocking Fillers

Somehow or another Christmas has crept up on me again this year. I'm not sure how this happened since Christmas things have been in the shops here for absolutely yonks and we have been enjoying the odd illicit Christmas biscuit or two!

So anyway it is high time I begin making some things for my two little girls for their stockings.



So I have dug out two of my favourite books. You can find them in Amazon Japan here and here. Just after Amelie was born I made this monkey - not for Amelie or for anybody in particular just because... Amelie pretty much ignored it until Hanna decided that it was pretty cute. Since then it has been war of the monkey. So it is high time that I make another monkey.



Just before Hanna was born I attempted to make the pig from the Animal Mascots book. I will blame my pregnancy brain but I could not make head or tail of the pattern. So I abandoned ship. This time I am determined to make these horses and the giraffe. They are just too cute. But I might need some help!

Comments (6)

Anonymous

December 2, 2008 at 8:11 AM

Those horses are adorable! I love Aranzi Aronzo stuff, but I'd never seen the other one, but it looks cute, too.

Unknown

December 2, 2008 at 8:59 AM

oh, that giraffe!!!!

Christina Lowry

December 2, 2008 at 11:55 AM

The giraffe is so cute and so is your monkey! I am looking forward to seeing these softies and will help if I can. I have made softies, but I have not yet made a softie from some one elses pattern, so on second thoughts, I may not be much help at all! :)
PS - Tried to find fabric paint at Spotlight to finish off faces in my animal book. The fabric paints were a mess, they were all mixed up and the only black I could find had glitter! Will have to keep looking.

A Spoonful Of Sugar

December 2, 2008 at 11:55 AM

Those animal mascots are so cute!! They will be terrific stocking stuffers.

susan

December 4, 2008 at 5:57 AM

have you attempted them yet?
too cute
i found a pattern recently for a monkey and i should get to work on it!! thanks for the reminder

LizzyHouse

December 8, 2008 at 9:18 AM

these are too cute!