Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Robots and Cars Quilt



A little peek at a quilt I am working on made from lots of my own printed fabric! This is destined to be a gift for a new arrival some time in February but I am falling in love with it more every day and I am not sure I want to part with it. Probably because it is such fun to be working with fabric I designed and printed.



I can't quite decide though on a border. Plain seems too boring but pieced seems too fussy. What do you think?

Comments (8)

Unknown

January 2, 2009 at 9:49 AM

2 borders? An inner border in plain and a pieced outer border. That's what I'd do, I think it looks wonderful though!

RunwithSticks

January 2, 2009 at 5:46 PM

SO cute! If it was me, I would do the border in one of the Robot prints (probably one with a white background) and then I would do the binding in a combination of all the fabrics to pull it together :)

Elizabeth

January 2, 2009 at 6:45 PM

hi! i hopped over here from 'about a girl' - the quilt title caught my eye - love quilts and quilting!

i think that i would not border it and that i would bind it in orange! that's what i would do!

i REALLY like it! and i REALLY like your fabrics!

visit me at bitsofsunshine.typepad.com
if you wish!

Anonymous

January 2, 2009 at 8:21 PM

That is so cool! I love all the different designs & colors. As for the binding, well, you've already got lots of suggestions...can't wait to see what you decided on.

Tamara

January 3, 2009 at 12:48 AM

This is so beautiful...I love the Robots...I think I would just do a mixed binding...but I am sure whatever you do will be fantastic, Tam xo

Holly

January 3, 2009 at 5:03 AM

So cute! Me too, me too!

My vote is for a wide white sash and then an orange-gingham binding. (I think you should make two - one for you and one for the baby. Oh and maybe one for me too, just to be safe...)

~Holly

http://twocheeseplease.livejournal.com

Beth

January 4, 2009 at 10:30 PM

It is cute! I am sure it will turn out nice how ever you choose to do it!

Darci

January 6, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Love the Robots it is a great choice for a quilt for a boy without being to cutesy.