Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Bushfire Quilt Project


I have been wanting to do something for the poor people who have lost everything in the fires in Victoria. The Bushfire Quilt Project run by Tia was the perfect opportunity. If you haven't already heard about it, Tia is asking people to make Maverick or Wonky star blocks and send them to her by the end of March. She will then make them into quilts to be distributed to familes who have nothing. Maybe give them a little comfort. In any case it is good to feel that I am doing something as I can't go and volunteer there.







If you would like to make your own blocks to contribute to the cause, there is a great tutorial here.
Check out everybody else's stars in the flickr group. There are some beautiful stars.

Comments (5)

Ann

February 19, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Oh, those are lovely stars!

Thanks for passing by my blog - I look so much forward to quilting with you :)

Anonymous

February 19, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Your squares look so adorable - and you know I'm a huge fan of the head & shoulders fabric.
I'm hoping to make some squares this weekend - I'm excited, and a little nervous, too!

Tina

February 19, 2009 at 5:23 PM

lovely stars. I love seeing your cute robots!

Locket Pocket

February 19, 2009 at 6:59 PM

They look lovely! I should try to make some too - not sure if I can but i will try! Lucy x

Mrs Moog

February 21, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Oooh , they're lovely Natasha! I love the one with your cute robot fabric on :-)

xxx