Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Not long now.....

Wow time has flown! Although it's eons ago that we decided at FQHQ that it would be a great idea to have a retreat in London it feels like it was only about last month. But this time next week we will all be together chatting and sewing like old friends. Am I excited???? You bet I am.

Fat Quarterly

So I am Tacha (spelt and pronounced however you would like, I am really not that fussy!). I will likely be wearing jeans and a t-shirt as I am not as fashionable as the glamorous Katy. I will also be wearing glasses like Katy and Lynne, which are slightly broken but I never seem to get round to fixing them, much to my husband's dispair.

I'm 36 and have been sewing for a while now. Probably about 10 years. I really caught the quilting bug when I was living in North Carolina. I was studying in the university in the evenings so to fill up the days I sewed away to my heart's content. I didn't realise then how lucky I was to live nearby one of the largest fabric stores I have ever been in. I could rock up and pick up pretty much any colour print my heart desired. If only I had none how lucky I was - I'd have stuffed our shipping container to the brim with fabric. I'm coming over from Berlin to London so I was worried by how much I could bring with me. In the end I decided to bring my two girls and husband and drop them off at my parents house for the weekend. Now I get to use their baggage allowance too! Yay! Lots more room for quilts and fabric. I am sure they'll only need a toothbrush and change of knickers. My Mum does have a washing machine after all!

I will be sporting the fabulous name badge made by Di and bringing the badge I have made for my partner (so sorry it is late!). And I can't wait to sit down with a few of you for a bit of EPP. I've already packed my sewing bag and I'm ready to go! See you all soon!

Comments (24)

Lynne (Lily's Quilts)

May 26, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Sadly I am not as tall skinny and fabulously glamorous as Katy but then I don't think most people are. Can't wait to meet you next weekend, I'm near hysterical with excitement about the whole thing now.

Catherine

May 26, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Look forward to seeing you there: although I may put a paper bag over my head so that you don't recognise me as the idiot with the supplies list!!

Annabella

May 26, 2012 at 8:18 PM

So looking forward to meeting you Tacha, and good thinking on the baggage allowance!

Canadian Abroad

May 26, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Looking forward to meeting you. And think it was a brilliant move on your part to bring the whole family to up the luggage allowance. Probably cheaper that way than paying excess charges!

moira

May 26, 2012 at 9:00 PM

shrewd move! Really looking forward to meeting the FQ team (I may make a fool of myself!)

Charlotte

May 26, 2012 at 9:38 PM

looking forward to meeting you :-D

Sarah

May 26, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Oooh Hello! I'll be the short round speccy pupil that dozes in your class on saturday morning - please dont take offence if I do... just kick me. Cant wait!!!

verykerryberry

May 26, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Looking forward to meeting you at last Tacha!

Mrs Flying Blind...

May 26, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Can't wait to meet you; and you are spoiling them with toothbrushes - can't they pick up free ones on the plane?!

Just Sew Sue

May 27, 2012 at 7:11 AM

I was only planning on bringing undies and toiletries too. are we meant to bring a change of clothes along with our sewing gear?

Dianne Neale

May 27, 2012 at 8:16 AM

clever idea with the baggage allowance! Looking forward to meeting you xx

Liz DandeliondD

May 27, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I'm in your first class and I'm so excited to meet you.

I cut all my fabrics out for the Snowball design today.

Yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
XXXX

Kelly

May 27, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Looking forward to meeting you and good idea about the luggage. Are you sure they even need that much ;-)

Justine

May 27, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Hey Tacha can't wait to see you again its been too long!! I'm more than a bit excited for the playmat you're so kindly giving to Hunter too. 5 Sleeps and counting!!

Fiona @ Poppy Makes

May 27, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Looking forward to meeting you Tacha!

Di

May 28, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I'm looking forward to meeting you. I hope that you have a good journey over. Di x

Unknown

May 28, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I absolutely cannot wait to meet you next weekend Tacha!!

Nicole Follow the White Bunny

May 28, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Can't wait to meet you! Have a save journey!

Betty

May 29, 2012 at 1:58 PM

We'll meet and have a ball!

Pink Stitches

May 29, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Yay!! So excited - I'll be looking out for everyone's name tags and trying to match blog photos to real people!
See you in a few days!

Shevvy

May 30, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Looking forward to meeting you. Thanks for all your hard work getting us together.

grapes and hearts

May 30, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Thank you, Tacha for organizing this event! I'm really looking forward to meet you, after all, you are an "online celebrity" as an editor of FQ :o)

See you Saturday!
Christine (aus Bielefeld)

Majortotosite Com

April 26, 2022 at 8:25 AM

Hey! This is my 1st comment here so I just wated to give a quick shout out and
say I genuinely enjoy reading through your blog posts. 먹튀검증

Racesite Pro

April 26, 2022 at 8:26 AM

You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers 경마사이트