Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




WIP Wednesday



I bought this book a long time ago and flicked through it and thought "like it but nothing earth shattering", stuck it on a shelf and forgot all about it.

I came across it again last week while having a sort out. You know the kind of sort out. The one that is totally necessary if you don't want to be buried alive with all the stuff amassing in the corner. So anyway I came across this book again and thought hmm, perhaps I should sell this on ebay and flicked through it once again. This time I LOVE it! How could I have dismissed it before? Have my tastes changed? I just want to have a go at all the designs. The photos are clear too for tricky piecing on a curve.

To make a long story short. I stuffed everything back in the corner again (sort out will have to wait for another day) and immediately started piecing together this flower.



I have no idea what to do with it - perhaps a coaster?

Go and check out the other WIP players here.

Comments (7)

B

February 11, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Isn't it funny that we can do that? I've been known to feel the same way. Oh well, makes us love it even more sometimes!

You came by my blog in Dec, and I am having another giveaway. Come check it out if you have a second.

http://simply-b.blogspot.com/2009/02/great-funk-giveaway.html

Vegan_Noodle

February 11, 2009 at 7:29 PM

I love it when that happens! That would make a cute coaster... or part of a bigger quilt? Have fun with it!

Mrs Moog

February 11, 2009 at 8:12 PM

I love that block! How great that you now want to make lots from that book - I think our tastes do change.

Can't imagine what you mean about piles of stuff in corners ;-) Noooo....we don't have anything like that here.....much!

xx

Anonymous

February 11, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Isn't it funny how things speak to us differently at different times? It would make a cute coaster, but I'm with Amanda - maybe a bigger something? It's so pretty, seems a shame to cover it up with a glass!

Christina Lowry

February 12, 2009 at 4:08 AM

Oh, you are a naughty little quilter! Fancy making a quilt and sending it all the way to Australia as a pay it forward/congratualtions gift! You are too generous! It is beautiful! It is on my blog and a certain someone has been playing on it... :) THANK YOU!

PS. I think you could make a lovely little girls quilt with those flower blocks!

Anonymous

February 12, 2009 at 4:34 PM

I've been on a big clean out kick lately too. It's very cute. I always have to make stuff and put it away for awhile until inspiration strikes.

Thus the pile under my bed.

Jacqui

February 13, 2009 at 12:52 AM

It's funny how that works isn't it? And vice-versa too! Have to love those Japanese craft books though, I just wish they were more readily available.

I just popped by to say that I drew your name in my wee stash giveaway so pop over to my blog and send me an email with your address.

So glad you came by btw because now I get to check out your blog which is great and I'm going to be a follower :)