Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




DQS6 Dilemma

I had 2 ideas when I got my partner's info for the DQS6. The first meant that I had to buy some new fabric as surprisingly I had nothing suitable in my stash. Hardship I know! So while I was waiting for it to arrive I started working on the second idea that I had. Then the fabric for the first arrived and I couldn't help it but to plunge in and start putting together my original idea. So now I have 2 DQS6 quilts on the go and I just can't decide which one is the winner.



My original idea was to make a coin quilt and do some applique to do with tea. I am thinking of adding a couple of wonky log cabins for the backing. The colour scheme is light pastels and the fabric mostly floral.



The second idea that came to me was circles. And birds. You can never go wrong with birds. This quilt is a mix of aqua, brown, green and white.

Both are so different in style and colour scheme. It is very difficult to know which might be a better fit for my partner. Which is your favourite?

Comments (11)

Unknown

March 20, 2009 at 9:52 AM

Both? Sorry - I'm not a lot of help, but I love both ideas completely!!!

Kitty

March 20, 2009 at 2:57 PM

They are both absolutely adorable - no way I could choose! x

Tina

March 20, 2009 at 5:42 PM

I like both too. But the birds are absolutely adorable.

Locket Pocket

March 20, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Sorry but i'm going to be as much help as the others - they are both adorable! I can't choose - but I do really love that little girl on the chair!

Lucy x

Anonymous

March 20, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Ok - both are cute, but I've been doodling birds this afternoon (not for quilting! Good grief - I'm still not there yet!) and so I'm going with the birds because they are cute and it's Spring!

A Spoonful Of Sugar

March 20, 2009 at 11:26 PM

They are both delightful - your appliques are so sweet! The girl onthe chair is probably my favourite.

Anonymous

March 21, 2009 at 8:07 AM

No favourite - they are both fabulous. No really, I couldn't choose. Wow. Wish I could applique like that, I'm still a beginner :-(

Christina Lowry

March 22, 2009 at 4:10 AM

This comment has been removed by the author.

Anonymous

March 22, 2009 at 7:15 AM

Well the birds are SUPER adorable and obviously they should be used in something very important. But I ♥♥♥ the girl on the chair! She is so unique. I haven't seen anyone do that before!

Christina Lowry

March 23, 2009 at 1:25 AM

Opps! I read it wrong! Now I understand! Still love the birds! :)

Erin

March 23, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Well I have a solution for you! I missed the sign up for DQS6 somehow. And I love them both! So just send one to your partner, and one to me! :)

kidding.

I think I like the birds more. But the girl is so unique...