Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Animal Mascots


I like to think of myself as somewhat intelligent. And I am no newbie to sewing, although no sewing pro! But this Animal Mascot book has almost beaten me. The softies are unbelievably cute but soooo difficult to put together. I look at the instructions every time and think that looks simple enough. I work out the templates - again fairly simple. And then comes the sewing.

No matter how I try I always seem to have an extra cm of piece to fit in a seam. I am always left with a bit extra that I can't get into the curve, or that I don't have the foggiest where it fits. And I have just wasted Hanna's entire nap time staring at one piece of the puzzle trying to work out how in the world it could fit with the other piece of the puzzle. And it is not like I don't have another million and one things to do.

Grrrrrr......
Does anyone else have this book?

Comments (3)

RunwithSticks

December 9, 2008 at 6:05 PM

Is it written in English? lol Just kidding. They do look incredibly cute... I have a similar book but it is for crocheting those little creatures. I have yet to dust it off the shelf yet though...

Anonymous

December 9, 2008 at 10:39 PM

I don't have it, but I was wanting it since the critters look so cute...but now I'm having second thoughts.
"Wasting" a nap is the worst feeling, ever! I can so relate!

Holly

December 15, 2008 at 12:15 PM

I have this book but have yet to try anything out of it.. It did look a little intimidating when I flicked through. But I couldn't resist buying it.. those little guys are too cute!

~Holly

http://twocheeseplease.livejournal.com