Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Lightbox - take two



So um, perhaps I got a little too over-enthusiastic about finding lamps for my lightbox! I couldn't find any clip on lamps that would take higher wattage bulbs and these monstrosities were the same price as the clip on lamps that would be able to bend around to light the box from the side. Plus they came with energy saving bulbs. So I thought what the hell!



To be honest I am not sure I can see that much of a difference. The light generated by these lamps is much better than for the clip on lamps but I think to see any improvement in the quality of my photos I need to understand my camera a bit better.

Can anyone suggest any good books?

On another note - I am glad we are not doing "on my desk", did you see what a state it is in?

Comments (3)

Tina

December 5, 2008 at 5:06 PM

Are you using bulbs with daylight lighting?

I found that adjusting the aperature and exposure on camera, myself, made a huge difference. I think you need to adjust your camera settings.

Tina

December 5, 2008 at 10:39 PM

I have a Sony something. It's old now. I think I bought it about 5 years ago.

That's my next treat, a new camera.

Beth

December 6, 2008 at 3:43 AM

good luck, i just click and point and hope it turns out ok...

I did hear about a program you could use to make your pictures look nicer from a fellow etsy seller, its called 'gimp'. you could look into that.