Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Lollychops



Last week was a bit sparse on both blogging and crafting fronts. Poor little Hanna spent the majority of the week battling 40 degree temperatures. We are now (touch wood) doing much better but are still using the inhalation machine every day. Better last week than Christmas week. Last year we were all sick over Christmas and it was a real battle to have the traditional Christmas lunch and celebrations. So fingers crossed for a better day this year.

Anyway all this rambling is to say I did not have time last week to tell you to check out Lollychops. Lolly has been having the 12 days of Christmas pattern giveaway. You can download any of the patterns in 2 different formats (12" x 12" or 8.5" x 11"). She has some great pear patterns which she is going to get printed on Spoonflower.



I printed out alleyway and tarts onto t-shirt transfer paper and then ironed it onto some plain canvas totes. I love how they came out. Very quick and easy and very effective.

Comments (4)

Anonymous

December 22, 2008 at 12:54 PM

Beautiful!
I bought some cotton tote bags to add my own applique designs to, but I have not got around to it yet (I haven't actually sewed much for the last 18 months since closing down my small quilting business).
You are an insipation! I'm hoping to get back into sewing over the holidays. >:o)

Kimberlee

December 23, 2008 at 6:19 PM

Wonderful idea! :)

Anonymous

December 24, 2008 at 12:00 AM

Oh no! 40 is scary - We hit 39.5 two days ago with Guppy, but she's ok now, but until she turned 3 each time she had a fever it was always 40- and I was so scared! I sure hope she is feeling better, and you are able to rest - a sick child is such a stressful thing.
Those patterns are lovely - I need to go look!
Have a lovely holiday Tacha!

Christina Lowry

December 24, 2008 at 9:30 AM

I hope you are all well now and have a wonderful Christmas together! :)