Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Fabric Bookmarks

I came across these great bookmarks when I was looking to make a little extra something for the Book Exchange organised by Carmen. I made a couple at the time and am busy making a few more. I have a couple of books on the go (never having the time to actually finish reading one), and pages in quilt books and design books that I want to mark for quick reference.

And yes I know, if I had spent the time taken to make a bookmark actually reading the book I would probably have finished the book anyway. But that's just no fun.


What you need:

Card
Scraps of fabric
Exacto knife
glue stick
sewing machine and thread




Cut 2 pieces of card the same size. On one piece of card cut out your design.



Glue scrap pieces of fabric on the uncut piece of card.



Put the cards together wrong sides facing.



Sew together.

Easy peasy!

These are some other bookmarks I came across here, here

should this not take your fancy.

Comments (9)

Anonymous

February 27, 2009 at 9:26 AM

We are operating on the same wave-length. I've been trying to think of something "extra" to add to gifts, but was thinking about making fabric bookmarks. I've really been getting into papercraft lately, so this will be fun, too!

Holly

February 27, 2009 at 10:02 AM

oh what a fantastic idea! Like little quilts for books, I love it!

~Holly

http://twocheeseplease.livejournal.com

Crazy Babs

February 27, 2009 at 6:55 PM

What a super idea! It would be a great simple added bonus for ANY swap or your could even use the same technique for a table place card. I may use this idea for Holiday ornaments.

~Babs~

http://crazyladycrafts.blogspot.com/

RunwithSticks

February 27, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Love your bookmarks (& glad I got to see Erin's in person!). Thanks for the tutorial :)

Tamara

February 28, 2009 at 4:24 AM

You've been tagged, play along if you want! Tam xo

A Spoonful Of Sugar

February 28, 2009 at 8:17 AM

Hi Natasha - You are the winner of our giveaway! Please email us your address details and your package will be on its way! aspoonfullofsugargirls@gmail.com

Your bookmarks look very effective.

rachel griffith

February 28, 2009 at 4:13 PM

omg.
this is the cutest thing EVER!!!

i was coming over to tell you that i saw you won a giveaway over at spoonful of sugar...
but now i want one of these bookmarks!!!

hahaha.

Beertje Zonn

March 1, 2009 at 9:13 AM

The bookmarks are lovely!
Kind regards,

Beertje Zonn

Beth

March 2, 2009 at 1:33 AM

Those are so cute! I saw soemthing simlilar on etsy last christmas and wanted to make some and completely forgot about it!