Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Rachel's Block

Phew the fabric for bees is landing in my postbox left, right and centre! I barely churn one block out and the next is waiting to be made!

Rachel, from p.s. I quilt, wanted pinwheels for her block. Any type of pinwheels but only using the nikki fabrics by Pat Sloan. I found the selection of fabrics quite dark. I am not a big fan of dark and it took me a while to work out how to put the fabric together into a block that was not too drab. I only had a small piece of white and I was nervous it would not be enough. It wasn't but I found something extremely similar in my stash.



I decided instead of one big pinwheel I would make a number of smaller ones. This took some time. I thought it would be a great idea to paper piece but wow was that a chore to take all the small bits of paper off at the end. Does anyone have any handy hints as to how to do it? Do you do it dry or wet the freezer paper?

I do like the end result but I will not be rushing to make another of these blocks any time soon!

Check out the rest of the group here.

On another note, I was very lucky to be the winner of the Think Pink giveaway by the Mum and daughter team of Spoonful of Sugar. Lisa and Sarah have a terrific blog packed full of fantastic ideas. It is for me a must read.

This is what they sent me. I am so very lucky. Thank you soooooo much.

Comments (4)

A Spoonful Of Sugar

March 12, 2009 at 12:02 AM

Your pinwheel block is so effective - the white border really makes it pop! Rge ric rac trim is a nice finishing touch. Glad you enjoyed the package!

Mushyhed

March 12, 2009 at 1:08 AM

WOW! Your blocks always amaze me!

Anonymous

March 12, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Tacha you are a quilting machine! The contrasting white border is so beautiful, I love it!
What a lucky girl you are to win such wonderful things! Hourrah for happy mail!

rachel griffith

March 19, 2009 at 7:17 PM

even though it was a pain in the bum for you, i will cherish it.
promise!!!