Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Another WIP hits the dust



I no longer even remember when I started this quilt. It has been sitting in the WIP box for almost forever. I know that I bought the Kaffe Fassett with my Mum long before Amelie was even a twinkle in my husband's eye. But when I actually put it all together - who knows.



I had already done some simple in the ditch quilting. So all that needed to be done was something a little more to make it pop. This is probably why it has been sitting there so long.



I have come to realise that I need to do a lot more actual quilting. The virtual bees have been great for improving my block making skills. Now I need to also focus on my quilting skills.



It certainly feels good though to get another quilt finished. There is almost enough space in my WIP box for a new project!!

Comments (7)

Anonymous

April 27, 2009 at 6:10 PM

Love the title of the post. If I could manage to mop my kitchen floor, I could pin up a quilt.

I like the vivid colors.

Kitty

April 27, 2009 at 9:35 PM

I seriously *heart* this one. I love all of them, but this is 'wow'. The quilting you've done adds so much to the already wonderful design and colours. Love it. x

Christina Lowry

April 28, 2009 at 8:43 AM

It is such a great feeling to finish something that you have had waiting for ages, but I wouldn't know, mine are still waiting...

The quilting really finishes it. It looks lovely. :)

Anonymous

April 28, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Stunning !! I love the quilting you've done on it. Makes it very 3-dimensional.

Minka

April 29, 2009 at 1:31 PM

I love this! I know what you mean about not even knowing when a project began, etc. Whenever you get back to this WIP, it's going to be stunning! That quilting really makes it. I admire your ability to sew the circles so evenly!

Anonymous

April 29, 2009 at 7:02 PM

I just love these colours! I understand what you mean about that W.I.P. box...it's starting to take over my life! Need to finish some things, like now!

Tina

June 1, 2009 at 12:49 AM

I love this one. You always do a wonderful job. I love how it looks 3-D/psychedelic.