Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Obsessed with Hexagons



Who me? Just because I have started dreaming about sewing hexagons together doesn't mean I am obsessed - does it?



Still I just can't get enough. I have been cutting and tacking like crazy over the last couple of days because we are off home to the UK on holiday and I am hoping I will be able to finish off the rest of the hexagon blocks for the quilt I am making. With only one suitcase between Amelie, Hanna, me and my hexagons it has been a squeeze and I am lucky we are staying with Mum and Dad and have easy access to the washer! Darned low cost airlines. They advertise such cheap fares but the reality is oh so different. I guess another indication I am obsessed - I would rather take my hexagons than more clothing!



I have also been working on a hexagon tutorial. Although it is dead easy really. I will post it as soon as we get back in a couple of weeks.



So in the meantime take care. We are off to dance our socks off with Grandma and Grandpa. This is at least what Amelie keeps telling me.

Comments (8)

A Spoonful Of Sugar

April 29, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Enjoy your trip home to the UK! Glad to see you have your priorities right and are taking your hexagons. Can't wait to see all your progress when you return.

Anonymous

April 29, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Have a safe and fun trip! And no, you're not obsessed - you're focused. Totally different in my opinion!

One Flew Over

May 2, 2009 at 7:50 AM

Looking forward to the hex tutorial!

Jette K

May 3, 2009 at 5:13 PM

I wish I could get obsessed with hexagons - especially after having seen what you've done.It's so lovely! But in my 20 year "carrier" as a quilter is has never happened. And it's not that I haven't tried. :-)

Jette/Denmark

Anonymous

May 5, 2009 at 12:51 PM

I think someone needs to start up a hexagonally obsessed clinic, it is all too easy to get completely obsessed with these little six sided darlings!!!!! Your fabric choices look so super duper together I need to get hexagoning MORE!!!

Elise

May 7, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Have fun on your trip.

The Hexagon's look great. Grandmama is teaching me to quilt. We're starting with squares. She says it will be nice and easy. I don't know how you do it. It took me over an hour to thread a needle! xx

Anonymous

May 10, 2009 at 4:04 AM

I love the orange one!

Did I miss where you were heading?

Aunt Spicy

May 13, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Have a lovely holiday with your family! Your hexagons, and well everything else you have made, are just beautiful!

Visiting from Spring Blooms Mini Quilt Swap!