Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Not So Irreplaceable

Apparently when I started the race on Sunday Amelie had a breakdown and thought I was never coming back. After crying for a while over the fact I was gone she asked Luis whether she would get a new Mummy. Hmmm. I have to admit that hurt. Obviously if I really was gone I would want her to have someone equally as important but when I just go running for a couple of hours and she requests a replacement.....

So anyway in a bid to win her over I started a new quilt. I know such a hardship for me. Not sure where it is going yet. I was thinking of hexagon blocks rather than an entire quilt of hexagons, but this block got pretty big pretty quickly. So now I am just not sure.



I hope to get a couple more "blocks" done over Easter. I am so far up to date with my quilting bees and as we will have no post over the next few days there will be no chance that the next lot of fabric arrives!

Hope you all have a good Easter. We have had such a fantastic week of good weather I just hope it holds over the holiday weekend. Sod's law says it will pour down.

Comments (9)

Elise

April 9, 2009 at 6:30 PM

Hahaha I wouldn't concentrate on the replacement part, I'd think about the whole she-cried-because-she-missed-me part.

Quilt is coming along nicely! xx

Unknown

April 9, 2009 at 6:45 PM

got to love small children and the things they come out with.
BIG hex blocks, with sashing, go on - you know you want to because you know that'll look amazing. WHich reminds me, I need to get some hexes sorted to take on holiday with me.

Mushyhed

April 9, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Oh the poor thing really missed you! I agree, I wouldn't worry about the replacement part. She knows you can't be replaced. Your hex block looks great. You never cease to amaze me with your skills!

Kitty

April 9, 2009 at 10:38 PM

She was just being practical, that's all!

That hexagon block is lovely - it's going to be a gorgeous quilt.

x

Kritta22

April 10, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Oh a replacement?? Breaks a mom's heart.
I hope you have a happy bunny day!

A Spoonful Of Sugar

April 10, 2009 at 1:27 AM

Kids come up with the stangest ideas. Love your hexagon block - it is a good portable project.

RunwithSticks

April 10, 2009 at 3:31 AM

That is rather cute - was she pleased when she saw you came back? lol Cute quilt! Happy Easter :)

Anonymous

April 10, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Kids are a riot! They just say what they are thinking, but not without really *thinking* sometimes (wait, am I describing grown men or children here...?)
I love those colors! Beautiful!

Angela

April 11, 2009 at 6:50 AM

The Hexagons look great so far! I'm jealous already of some of the fabrics that you have used. I want to try those sometime. I've never done hexagons and they always look great.