Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




I Ache

Yesterday I ran the Berlin Half Marathon. And wow don't my legs hate me for it!

It was a great day for running - not too hot and not too cold but with a good breeze. I managed to finish in 2 hours 7 minutes! I am very happy with this time as I get to run once in a blue moon. But it does make me realise that I am only a shadow of my pre-baby fit self. Oh well!

My sister was also running yesterday - but in Paris. She ran the full marathon in 3 hours 56 minutes. Go Kate!!!! Fantastic time! And she sounded very bright and breezy at the end.

So I should imagine that not a lot will get done today. Mostly because I had a tidy up and put away all my fabric upstairs and my legs will not cooperate to get me there!




So instead I shall sit and ponder my doll quilt swap quilts and decide which to send my partner. And more importantly what binding to use. I am definitely considering polka dot (thanks Katy for the suggestion). But if you have any other ideas let me know please!

Comments (12)

Anonymous

April 6, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Wooot for the running sisters! I think 2h07m is a great time if you're only sneaking runs in, and how exciting for your sister to come in under 4 hours! That's a great time, and Paris is not a fast marathon - I'm so happy for both of you!

Christina Lowry

April 6, 2009 at 2:29 PM

You never fail to amaze me! Mum, crafter, quilter and runner too!?! Way to go. (And hanging the quilts on a skirt hanger - may have to pinch that idea one day...)

I love both the quilts, and the buttons on the girl quilt. How cute are they? I have the pink ones too.

I hope your legs have forgiven you and will let you get into your craft room! :)

Elise

April 6, 2009 at 4:54 PM

Well done! I can't even remember the last time I ran voluntarily... I admire you xx

Tina

April 6, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Beautiful work. I love the bottom one! Polka dot sounds cute. Post when your done.

Angela

April 6, 2009 at 6:43 PM

wow. I wish that I were a runner. It always sounds so impressive. They had an iron man here this weekend and I'm just in awe of those people!

But back to your quilts. I love the idea of a polka dot for the girl in chair quilt, but I think that a solid fabric would work well for the birdie one. There is so much going on in that one, I don't think that it needs more pattern in the binding.

Boy are the both super beautiful! Great job!

RunwithSticks

April 6, 2009 at 7:35 PM

CONGRATS!!!!! Both of you had such an awesome finishing time. 2 hours and 7 minutes is a great accomplishment... and 3 hours and 56 minutes - WOW! I'm in awe. Rest up those legs and eat to your hearts content for the next few days. You deserve it!

Mushyhed

April 6, 2009 at 10:45 PM

I don't run unless I'm being chased so good for you! Can I tell you that the recipient of the doll quilt is a lucky girl regardless of which one she gets. Both quilts are fabulous. I have to wipe the drool off my keyboard every time I see those quilts. You are one talented lady!

Anonymous

April 7, 2009 at 2:44 AM

Congrats to both you and your sister! Love the doll quilts, too.

Kitty

April 7, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Run? Run? What is this strange pastime of which you speak?! Seriously ... well done you - I'm so impressed. I'm also impressed by the quilts - both utterly gorgeous. x

Anonymous

April 7, 2009 at 5:36 PM

Love the doll quilts. That's me drinking tea right now! Good for you on the marathon. The Rock and Roll Marathon is coming to Seattle and I need a push to do it. Bands every mile!

A Spoonful Of Sugar

April 8, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Well done on the marathon!! Wonder which quilt you will choose to send?

Khris

April 21, 2009 at 12:39 AM

These quilts are gorgeous....well done...and WAY TO GO GIRL on the run...gosh my legs hurt just thinking about your run...lol..hugs Khris in Oz