Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Bee Europa - January

The start of a new year and the start of a new bee!!! I just can't resist bees and especially ones in Europe. It is great getting to know quilters that I might actually get a chance to meet!


Bee Europa is made up of 2 groups of 12 quilters - the honeybees and the bumblebees. January in my month for sending out fabric for the bumblebees. So I sent out a mixture of aqua, blue, orange, yellow and a little brown. I have asked my group to make a block of their choice using this mosaic as inspiration.



These are the types of blocks I am after:

Wonky stars - tutorial

Log cabins –straight or wonky - tutorial

Comfortstitching style block - tutorial

Bento Box

Improvised Block - tutorial

And because I also wanted to have a go I made an extra fabric pack for me! These are the blocks I made from my pack.







I am soooooo excited about this quilt!

Comments (6)

Barb

January 5, 2010 at 9:26 PM

This will be beautiful! I love all of your yummy fabrics. It is my month for a new bee too and I'm sending out blue/aqua and orange too. Happy 2010!

bellsjo

January 5, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Oohh - this is going to be a wonderful quilt - the fabrics you have chosen are yummy! I hope things have calmed down after your epic journey to the UK!

Floh

January 6, 2010 at 11:47 AM

The blocks are wonderful! I am coming back here to look for more results ;-) A small german group startet a bee too! I am joining! we started in January too. Results are at www.blockzeit.blogspot.com! Thank you for Inspiration!
*Floh*

Monika

January 8, 2010 at 7:31 PM

I´m sitting here and am reading about another European Bee and there´s a GERMAN one.... what a pity I didn´t hear about them before...

Anonymous

January 9, 2010 at 6:19 PM

These fabrics are so cute!

Thank you for doing all the organising for Bee Europa. I'm really looking forward to it.

maria

January 10, 2010 at 12:34 AM

I've nearly finished the first of the two blocks I'm doing for you. It's good to work with fabrics different to your own.