Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




Pillow Talk Swap 2

Yayyy, the time has finally arrived for the second round of the Pillow Talk Swap (see link on the sidebar). I love this swap. As much as I love making doll quilts there is only so much wall space to hang them on. Whereas cushions I could cover the whole house in. I have been having fun today pulling out fabrics and trying to work out what would suit my partner the best. This little collection of fabrics I keep coming back to and I think this is what I am going to use. I just hope my partner likes them!

What makes a good pillow / cushion in your opinion? Do you like slip covers, zippers, quilted, non-quilted?

Comment (1)

Purple Paisley Patch

February 10, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Lovely selection of fabrics - I love the grey kei daisy dot, and the FMF seedlings, of course!!!

I like quilted cushion covers and prefer cushions that have an overlapping gap at the back in which to insert the cushion, no need for a zip. I think this type of cushion is more comfortable (no zip to scratch you) and better lasting (no zip to bust and need replacement).

Can't wait to see what you create for your swap partner.

Kelly :-)