Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




I'm Sew Hip!!!



A while ago I sent off a pdf file to the magazine Sew Hip and was blown away when they said they wanted to print the pattern and asked me to send them the quilt for a photo shoot. But then time passed and it began to feel as if it might never happen. So when my Mum phoned me yesterday the last thing I expected her to say was that she had bought a copy (or probably ALL the copies) of the magazine with my quilt in. Thanks Mum. I am a bit sad that I can't go into a newsagents and see it on the stands myself but super excited to see my quilt in print!

In fact not only my quilt but a few circle blocks that I have made as part of my online bees. You might be able to spot them there in the photo!
So now I am grinning like an idiot and off to celebrate with my girls. We will probably be daring and share a packet of smarties!

Comments (18)

nettie

March 5, 2010 at 3:44 PM

awesome! i see my quilt square. so exciting.

Deanna

March 5, 2010 at 4:09 PM

i am very excited for you! how do i get ahold of a copy? can i buy it here in the states?

Tina

March 5, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Congratulations, that's awesome!

machen und tun

March 5, 2010 at 7:31 PM

oh Tacha, that is so great, congrats!! I am very proud of you, my published bee-friend :-)
claudia

RosaMaría

March 5, 2010 at 8:52 PM

felicidades! congrats! that is so great!

Christina Lowry

March 5, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Congratulations!! How fantastic! You are very clever and deserve those smarties. The piece looks great! :)

One Flew Over

March 5, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Such fantastic news Tacha! Well done!

Helen

March 6, 2010 at 2:42 PM

That is excellent!!! Congrats!

Kitty

March 6, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Yay! Well done Tasha - that's brilliant. x

maria

March 6, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Well done you. You must be very proud of yourself.
I went through a phase recently thinking that I would like to do some modern pattern designs for Uk quilting magazines as to be honest they are rather old fashioned but I haven't done anything yet.
I'll try and get a copy of this one.

Anonymous

March 7, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Woohoo !! Awesome to see your work in print. Huge congratulations. Will have to see if I can get a copy of that mag over here.

Louise

March 7, 2010 at 11:12 AM

And on the cover no less! Well done Tasha!

Muriël

March 7, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Congratulations! I had already spotted your name in the magazine. It's a great pattern!

Angela

March 9, 2010 at 5:35 PM

That's fantastic Tacha! What a great moment. I love it when people I know are fabulous are thought so by others as well. ;)

Pink Stitches

March 10, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Oohh congrats!!
Will see if I can get hold of a copy.

RunwithSticks

March 13, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Just saw this now - how wonderful!

Anonymous

March 14, 2010 at 2:59 AM

Congrats, Tacha !!! Great pattern !!
I'm your partner for the DQS8 and just wanted to let you know that your quiltie is on its way and should be arriving next week. I forgot to write down my info but you'll find it at my Flickr profile.
Have a great weekend !!!
Hugs,
Your secret partner

Mandalin

March 16, 2010 at 10:17 AM

YeeHar!! Well deserved recognition. AND my local newsagent carries that English magazine.....mmmm maybe I should tell them I definitely want a copy before they sell out?