Thank you so much for your words of support. Luis is home again and Hanna is back to normal although Amelie has been struck down. Still it is much easier to manage a 3 year old. She can understand a little better what is going on and is able to let me know how she is feeling. But I sure can't wait for Spring!
So I was able to work on a few blocks for the various bees I am involved in.
First up are Sarah's wonky houses for Another Bee 1. These are very quick and fun to make and I am considering making some more, or adding embellishments to the ones I have! The tutorial to make them is here.
One of my screenprinted bunnies is peeking through the window of this house!
Not sure I blogged about these blocks I made for the other Sarah in Another Bee 1. So while I remember here they are! They were also fun to make.
Dianah from Bee Inspired also wanted houses this month. This time however, she was very specific about what she wanted both in terms of fabric and block. She sent very detailed instructions, so sewing this block was a doddle. Although I had to substitute my own fabric for the roof and header as I couldn't make the fabric she sent stretch quite far enough.
I had time too to play around with the layout for the birdie dqs6 quilt. Still haven't decided on whether to send this one or the tea dqs6 but it is fun to work on both.
This is the label I made for the quilt. I copied Viv by printing on fabric. It is dead easy. First iron some fabric to a piece of freezer paper and then run it through your printer like normal paper. It isn't waterproof but I don't think the doll quilt will be washed. I will let my recipient know in any case! This is so easy and effective. I am definitely going to do this again.
Phew - that was quite enough for one weekend!