Fat Quarterly Issue 7 is out now! All about colour palettes and where to find help in choosing colours for your projects.




The sun is shining!

Hooray and we have been outside enjoying the wonderful weather. Just in time I discovered the perfect project to take to the playground. Hexagons!

I am busy cutting hundreds of hexagons to make a quilt for Amelie and Hanna. I can tuck a few in a bag when we head off outside and sit on the edge of the sandpit and quite happily tack a few to paper while Amelie and Hanna are playing. Bliss!



This block however is on its way to Katy as part of the Cottage Quilting Bee.



Along with this block. I think it will find a happy home judging by Katy's house! And I would die for that sofa!

I finally decided on the bird blocks for the Row Robin and they are winging their way to Tracey as I write. Can't wait to get Carrie's row!






In other news we are eating LOTS of ice cream. Somehow we decided this was a good treat for Amelie if she managed to go without nappies for the day. And with such incentives she has been pretty much dry for almost a week!

Comments (8)

Sarah C

April 2, 2009 at 8:45 PM

i am completely in love with your hexagon block! I tried making hexagons once and it was a huge disaster! Now that I have a little more sewing under my belt I may just need to try again.

Anonymous

April 2, 2009 at 8:57 PM

What beautiful blocks! I love those elephants.
Nearly dry for a week! A wonderful reason for ice cream I think.
No, I'm not running this weekend. I'm still hardly able to run at all. Very, very hard. I did manage 2 miles today, and didn't finish limping, so that's a little accomplishment.

Mushyhed

April 2, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Oh my, all your blocks are so pretty! You really are so talented!

Christina Lowry

April 3, 2009 at 6:12 AM

Ice cream! Yay!
Um... how will you wean her off the ice cream?!

I'm just jealous. I was allergic to dairy products as a kid, so no ice cream for me. Now I can eat it, and while I was pregnant, did I ever! :)

Sara

April 3, 2009 at 2:05 PM

I love the hexagons. I've been making some for Hexagons for Hope (bushfire quilt project). I love the blocks you made....the union jack....excellent!

Kitty

April 3, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Your blocks are always, always fabulous, but that hexagon one ... that's really special. x

Unknown

April 8, 2009 at 9:45 AM

love your hexagons, I'm nearly finished an 8 month quilt, it's huge and all hand sewn. just about to add the machine sewn border.

and love the name Amelie, if we have a girl it's on our list!

Mamafish

April 24, 2009 at 11:30 PM

Thank you so much for the bag and the matching to do list pad. What a cheerful looking present, and practical too. You have brought me much joy! Love, Mamafish